Tuesday 23 June 2009

Lola Bunting

Was this the place? stereoscopic photograph, 2008



I saw her work in her graduation show last year at chelsea, unfortunately she hasn't got a website or blog, so this is the only image I could find of those beautiful little boxes she made...

What I remember of her boxes is that they were small, and you had to look through a glass, the room was dark, and the boxes where illuminated from inside, you felt a little sense of omnipotence, like if you were this massive eyes looking onto the entire world. I like this though for my boxes, may be I make a little window, i imagine looking into it and have this feeling of witnessing from above, looking into something you are not supposed to,  the voyeur's eye . with a magnifying glass perhaps to distort and at the same time give depth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment