Monday 15 June 2009

Caroline Coolen

“'Spitsbergen
2008


“'Arctic landscapes'”
2008


Mary – X – miss
1999, gips, antennes


Attic”, 2000,
houtskool + acryl op muur


All images from her website...



Ceramic has a domestic and home like context, like something you find at your grandmothers home, it is also fragile and very often we connect it with being expensive, something that as a child you are not aloud to play with, is a decorative beautiful object, I am thinking in particular  those white and blue little persons.  
 
So for my little 'narcissus and echo' forest, I would like to make them out of ceramic. I like the thought of their fragility, the being a beautiful object that you acquire  as an adult. They would be depicting a moment which is tragic and cruel and totally private, I think this disassociation would make it very strong. I would like echo to be reflective, mirror like, to stand in front of echo and be her mirror.   

No comments:

Post a Comment