Friday 23 September 2011

LUVMEAT... aka Sarah Culross aka Luvmeat aka Sarah Culross aka ...

VJ sample 1 from sarah culross on Vimeo.





I was having a look at the facebook page of an event Im going to tomorrow night. 
And I followed the link to see some of the visuals of my lovely and talented friend Sarah. I realized I had not visited her blog in a while (bad me) and happily scrolled down the crazy  pixelated colours... ? 
aaarg I cant describe it, is the kind of images I wanna described with noises and weird facial expressions.. which I have the feeling would bring a little smile to miss Luvmeat.
Anyway I found this played it, absolutely loved it and wished i had made it, and THEN I read the description! which goes like this: 
 
This one was done using a mixture of my squiggly loops and loops i'd made by manipulating still photographs taken by Mara Bueno, Moonkeum Kim, Jackie Ford and Alia Ahmad during Mara's 'Welcome Intruders' project, for vj-ing with at the project exhibition view.


And it made me very happy to think that not only I met some really talented people during my time at Uni, but that had the chance to work with them too, and  hopefully it will continue to happen for many years. 


Anyway, come to the event, its in hackney, its £3, and its going to be goooooood.


No comments:

Post a Comment