Thursday 1 April 2010

Yoko Kanayama



















What you are looking at are photographs viewed through silk screened Plexiglas. I take the photos with a 4 x 5 color negative and make a traditional c-print. Then I use Rapidograph ink to trace trees from the image on a sheet of Frosted Mylar. From this Rapidograph drawing, I expose the silkscreen and use translucent white ink to make silkscreen prints of trees on the Plexiglas. This process gives the work a little bit of a 3D effect.




Featured at We can Shoot Too blog, from where I got this image and text.


May be I can use a similar process to solve the nightmares I've been having with my painting. I'm thinking of the transparency I got on the Draft paper on the areas where I applied varnish... play with ths 3d mentionality and glass? ... although my glass box is still not looking any good..hmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment